• Conservation Education • Tour Guide/Interpretation • Visitor Information
Share your passion for Fire Island's natural and cultural resources and assist with visitor center operations and tours. Volunteer responsibilities include greeting visitors and conveying information about the park, answering phones and assisting with administrative tasks, conducting bookstore sales, and maintaining exhibits. Volunteers may assist with the development and implementation of natural history/ history programs for a variety of age groups at park sites and at offsite venues.
- Knowledge and/or interest in Fire Island's natural or cultural resources.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in all conditions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positions available year-round. Volunteer must commit to at least one day per week June through August.
- Volunteer must wear Volunteer in Parks uniform (provided).
- Participation in park offered orientation and interpretive training opportunities.
- Certain duties may require completion of federal background check.