• Other • Trail/Campground Maintenance • General Assistance
Photo Courtesy of USACE
Falls Lake is located in the beautiful and bustling triangle area of North Carolina. Although considered a metropolitan lake, Falls Lake has it all! With over 12,400 acres of water surrounded by 25,500 acres of undeveloped public lands, we are an oasis for many from out of state and right around the corner.
As a Corps of Engineers volunteer at Falls Lake, you will need to provide your own transportation to and from the lake. Mileage may be reimbursable. However, depending on availability, and with the proper training, a volunteer may also utilize government vehicles while on the job. All equipment including safety equipment and personal protective gear will be provided. Safety training will also be provided. Volunteers will be required to wear volunteer insignia (badge, t-shirt, vest, hat, etc.). Volunteers over the age of 18 can be trained to use power tools such as a chainsaw or weed trimmer.
Adopt-A-Shoreline Volunteer (Individuals or Groups)
Dates: The Position is Year Round 2018
Volunteer Duties: There are 8 vacancies available. The volunteers will be needed on an intermittent basis. Volunteers will checked out Adopt-A-Shoreline gear (gloves, litter grabbers & bags) to clean up shoreline at designated Adopt-A-Shoreline areas around Falls Lake. Volunteers will be expected to clean their section of shoreline at least 4 times annually. The volunteers in these positions have the option of cleaning up the shoreline on their own, or organize a group of volunteers to be responsible for their section.
• Be able to walk unassisted, stooping, bending on uneven terrain, at a close proximity to water
• Have an interest in working outdoors
• Wear proper safety attire (i.e., gloves, sunglasses, bug spray, sunscreen, hiking footwear, etc.) • Possess the ability to remain politically neutral while on duty
• Fill out all necessary volunteer forms and keep track of hours performed (Updated 12/31/2017)
HOUSING & AMENITIES Description: Prefer a minimum commitment of 1 year. Unfortunately, a camp or RV site cannot be provided at this time.