• Conservation Education • Visitor Information
Photo Courtesy of NPS
NOTE: This volunteer position is available only for those within the commuting distance of Estes Park, Colorado (there is no volunteer housing or camping for this position).
Do you enjoy working with children and helping them learn about and connect with nature? This is a great opportunity to be part of our Junior Ranger Program at Rocky Mountain National Park. Positions are available to serve at Junior Ranger Headquarters, located at the Hidden Valley facility and picnic area.
This position assists with Junior Ranger activities at the Junior Ranger Headquarters by
1. Helping facilitate and providing safety for Interpretive Junior Ranger Programs, given by ranger staff, at the Junior Ranger Headquarters;
3. Assisting children ages 2-18 with age-specific Junior Ranger activity booklets;
4. Checking over activity booklets when children have completed them, swearing them in, and awarding them their Junior Ranger badges;
5. Acts as a goodwill ambassador for Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) while answering visitor questions and providing information to Junior Rangers and their families about the park;
6. Work as a team member within the Division of Interpretation and communicate well with supervisors and other staff.
Volunteer must adhere to all park policies
The Junior Ranger Headquarters operation will run Saturday, June 22nd through Sunday, August 18th 2019. NEEDS are for shifts on Saturdays & Sundays.Volunteers have an option of taking a Full Day or Half Day shift.
Full Day shift = 9:00AM - 4:00PM AM Shift = 9:30AM - 12:30PM PM Shift = 12:30PM – 3:30PM Half day shifts will drive themselves to Hidden Valley (Jr Ranger Headquarters). Full Day volunteers have the option to carpool with Ranger out to Hidden Valley. If the volunteer is not here to meet the ranger by 9:00 AM, the Ranger may leave. If you want to drive yourself feel free, just let the Ranger/Intern know if you DO NOT need a ride!