• Other • Visitor Information • General Assistance
Bulltown Historic Area Visitor Center Volunteer/Interpreter:
Volunteer Duties: Multiple positions are available between March 15 and November 01. If you would like to only volunteer for a few months (example: May through September, June through August), or for specific events or activities we have open positions as well at the Bulltown Historic Area Visitor Center,12 miles off Interstate 79, Exit 67.
1. Greet and assist visitors upon their arrival.
2. Provide visitors brochures, and explain interpretive displays and programs available to them.
3. Answer phones and messages in a timely manner.
4. Track visitation and compile monthly data.
5. Operate videos and slide show in theater upon request.
6. Keep brochure rack in lobby properly filled with supplied brochures.
7. Provide programs such as campfire programs, historic area tours, living history demonstrations, and talks to visitors, campers, and local residents.
8. Program topics include natural resources, safety, and cultural and natural history.
9. Plant, water and weed flower beds around visitor center.
10. Assist park rangers with other activities as needed.
11. Other duties will include light cleaning duties in the visitor center, trash pickup in the parking lot and area adjacent to the visitor center, and limited security of the visitor center.
12. An interest in the Civil War is a plus and if you have period correct clothing to wear on weekends, special event and/or tour, would be a bonus.
13. Clean-up historical structures for tours
Special Skills: Public Speaking, program planning, and creativity. An interest in the civil war is a plus and if you have period correct clothing to wear on weekends, special event and/or tour, would be a bonus.
Other Special Skills and/or Interests we are looking for:
Local demonstrators – basket weaving, arts, weaving, fireside cooking, cast iron cooking, paper quilling, cord making, candle making, fire starting, quill & ink, quilting, and much more.
Also, looking for skilled volunteers in tin smithing or blacksmithing for special events and demonstrations.
If you have a special interest whether it’s working with children, adults or both in history, storytelling, nature (examples: bird watching, nature walks, hiking, etc.) related activities we have a perfect opportunity for you.
Non-denominational pastor for Sunday morning services at the St. Michael’s Church.
HOUSING & AMENITIES Type: Trailer/RV Pads Description: Campsite with electric hookup is available.