• Campground Host • Visitor Information • General Assistance
Photo Courtesy of NPS
We're looking for a camphost(s) at Rocky Mountain's Aspenglen Campground!
Note: The site that comes with this position would require the volunteer to have a smaller RV - preferably less than 30 feet long.
The Campground Host’s main role is to act as an ambassador for the park by being friendly, courteous and helpful to visitors. Specific duties may include any or all of the following:
1. Performing compliance checks for payment or site assignments
2. Gathering statistical data on campground usage
3. Roving the campground for minor rules infractions
4. Providing information on recreational opportunities to the public
5. Performing minor campground maintenance projects
6. Assisting campground staff as needed
7. Informing dispatch or staff when campground is full or close to full
8. Opening or closing campground facilities as needed
9. Operating government vehicles including pick-up trucks, vans and carts, a valid state drivers license is required
10. Utilizing portable park radio communications
Various other duties may be performed in the campground based on interest and skills Aspenglen Campground is located 8,200 feet above sea level. Camphosts are normally are on their feet for most of the work day, which includes walking, standing, and minor physical labor. They also must be prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions.
HOUSING & AMENITIES Type: Trailer/RV Pads Description: can accommodate an RV that's less than 30 feet long.