• Campground Host • Other • Tour Guide/Interpretation • Visitor Information • General Assistance
Photo Courtesy of BLM
As part of the staff at the Yukon River Contact Station/Arctic Circle host is the on-site presences in the operation of these two areas. You can can make as many as 10,000 visitor contact pre summer. The volunteer must work without direct, on-site supervision and primitive living conditions in a remote setting. Position can be an individual or couple
- Monitoring visitor use and collecting data, interpretation, greeting Dalton Highway travelers and providing travel/recreation information for the region.
- Helping with day-to-day operation of the Arctic Circle point of interest wayside. Arctic Circle campground, including janitorial,maintenance, amybe repairs, and litter patrols.
- Report maintenance needs, campground disturbances, wayside mishaps and emergencies to BLM Staff
- Work on special projects, which may include trail inventory, assisting with visitor surveys, photography, other projects depending upon the field office needs and volunteer's skills and goals.
The visitor service host will also work 2 days a week at the Yukon River Contact Station. This proition requires a strong volunteer commitment. Volunteers should enjoy meeting, inerating with people and providing them information. They must be interested in learning about Alaska and willing to accept new challenges. It is also helpful (but not required) to have eperience in a visitor center or visitor sservices.
We need your service from mid-May through mid- Sept.
Thank you for looking at this opportunity.
HOUSING & AMENITIES Type: Other Description: Volunteer provides a Motorhome/trailer or BLM provides private staff housing. Per diem and a travel allowance provided. Site includes adjacent dump station, potable water, storage shed, and a small generator.