• Other • Visitor Information • General Assistance
Visitor Center Operations/Interpretation:
The Visitor Center at McGregor Park is located 30 miles northeast of Medford, OR along (highway) OR-62. Here, the William L. Jess Dam impounds the Rogue River, creating Lost Creek Lake. Boating, rafting, and swimming are popular summer activities, while fishing, hiking and bike riding are year-round pursuits. The Visitor Center is open seasonally from late April to the end of September. Local commuter volunteers work a minimum of one four-hour work day per week and a maximum of 30 hours per week. More hours may be requested. Child labor laws apply.
1. Staff the visitor center, greet visitors, answer visitor questions, inventory and manage lost/found items, provide excellent customer service, educate visitors about McGregor Park, Lost Creek Lake and the Rogue River. Provide one stop shopping for a variety of recreational opportunities in the area.
2. Create, produce and present informal/formal interpretive programs, including roving and campfire programs or presentations, promote water safety to help save lives. Includes leading guided hikes around the lake.
3. Assist with outreach and special events- includes attending sport shows, wearing mascot costume, staffing booth, etc.
4. Act as primary caretaker of egg jars or aquariums.
Special Skills: Interpretation/education, customer service, Visitor Center experience, communication and enjoys interacting with others, public speaking, active and mobile, love for the outdoors, maintenance/construction, knowledge of the area, resource and history, motivated, able to work alone or in a team with little need for supervision, attention to detail, creative thinking, organized, time management, problem solving, flexible, problem solving, and responsible. (Updated 06/30/2019)
HOUSING & AMENITIES Type: Trailer/RV Pads Description: Is a camp site provided for hours worked? No. Local Commuter Volunteers work a minimum of one four-hour work day per week. Maximum of 30 hours per week. More hours may be requested. Child labor laws apply.