• Campground Host • Other • General Assistance
Photo Courtesy of USACE
The Park Hosts work under the supervision of the Mill Creek Natural Resources Management staff to support the management objectives in the operations and maintenance of Rooks Park. All of the equipment needed to complete the host duties shall be provided by the Government, including a utility vehicle.
1. Opening park gates and restroom facilities at 7:00 a.m. and closing them at sunset (Daily).
2. Litter collection of the entire park area by 9:00 a.m. The irrigated lawn areas will need to be collected by 7:30 a.m. on days of contracted mowing (Daily).
3. Playground, horseshoe pit, and volleyball court maintenance. This includes leveling of the surface materials and inspecting the area for any hazards such as broken glass (Weekly).
4. Fire grills/rings maintenance. This includes the removal of all material and ashes within the grills/rings (Weekly).
5. Drinking water quality testing. This includes sampling, mixing a solution, and noting the test results (Daily).
6. Mowing park host lawn area. This includes utilizing a push mower and doing some minor trimming. The hosts shall irrigate the lawn as needed to maintain appearance and growth (Weekly).
7. Public relations duties, including being a point-of-contact for visitor inquiries (Daily).
8. Collect refuge from park trash receptacles and replacing the garbage bag liners (Daily); Saturday & Sunday and 1 to 2 times Monday through Friday.
9. Restock brochure racks (As needed).
10. Post the “Reserved” sign on the group shelter prior to the park opening on days of reservations. Remove at park closing (As needed).
1. Park Host must provide their own Recreational Vehicle (RV).
2. Ability to effectively communicate with the public.
3. Capable of physical work duties in an outdoor environment.
4. Ability to maintain a set schedule.
5. Willingness to commit to a long term agreement.
6. Wear the prescribed Park Host uniform (vest with nametag and patch) while performing duties and the ability to utilize radio communications in a professional manner. (Updated 08/31/2019)
HOUSING & AMENITIES Type: Trailer/RV Pads Description: The Rooks Park Hosts will be provided the following facilities and services: drive through single-unit camping pad which can accommodate a 50 foot Recreational Vehicle with additional parking space for other vehicles, hook-ups for water and electricity, garbage disposal, dumping facility at the host site, storage shed, picnic table, and fire ring.