• Other • Visitor Information • General Assistance
Visitor Center Host:
Green River Lake is looking for a couple who is very friendly, people-oriented, and loves to camp to help serve our team as Volunteer Visitor Center Host (s).
Typical Duties would include: working in a Visitor Center environment, meet and greet visitors, answering phones, minor gardening duties, re-filling brochure racks, show short film about the lake, help feed and care for reptile/amphibian displays, fill bird feeders, assist rangers with interpretive programs, promote the Corps water safety initiative, recreational equipment rental and loner lifejacket programs, and other duties as needed or requested.
Dates and Hours required: Mid-April through late October 2018, working at least 15 to 20 hours per week (including weekends and holidays), most likely getting closer to 30 hours per week. Hosts would need to work every weekend (Saturday and Sunday) throughout the season, but would be off during the week. Some weekdays may be requested if a holiday falls during the week.
1. Host must provide their own camper (must be in good repair and appearance)
2. Ability to communicate effectively with the public
3. Ability to maintain a set schedule and turn in progress reports of duties performed
4. Willingness to commit to a long term agreement (Listed 02/16/2018)
HOUSING & AMENITIES Type: Trailer/RV Pads Description: Incentives: A free campsite (with water, electric, and sewer hookups as well as a picnic table, fire ring, and lantern post) would be provided to the host for the duration of the recreation season. Campground also has showerhouses and dump stations available.